- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Supervises personnel in a caring and compassionate manner. Assists with selecting new employees and growing existing employees.
- Completes timely performance evaluations and competencies.
- Provides continuous feedback to employees, both positive and negative. Consults with Director regarding any problems or issues immediately.
- Prepares work schedules for coverage of Registration areas; considers request for time off in fair and consistent manner.
- Organizes and distributes work assignments, minimizing overtime and rework, monitors productivity.
- Helps maintain supplies within budgetary constraints.
- Organizes and holds regular staff meeting to keep all informed.
- Continues on-going training for new and existing hires regarding specific departmental procedures.
- Assists with staffing as needed.
- Completes all assigned reports, completes tasks in Mede, performs duplicate case merges.
- Assists Director with policies and procedures and other assigned duties.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of compliance and medical necessity validation.
- Participates in a on call rotation to ensure there is 24/7 management coverage of the department.
- High School Diploma and degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology.
- Computer experience required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
Florence, SC, United States