Assistant Director of Laboratory (FT) – Seacoast
Little River, SC
1. Duties as listed in the competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-
workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by:
(a) promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking;
(b) engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system
(c) promoting improvement.
4. Schedules personnel to provide adequate coverage to perform all assigned duties.
5. Handles personnel-related functions (e.g. selection, promotion, discipline) according to Laboratory policies.
6. Ensures with The Director that all tests and procedures are performed in accordance with all hospital, state, federal and
agency standards and that results are valid and accurate.
7. Establishes and maintains an effective preventive maintenance program for all instruments and equipment in area of
8. Prepares periodic and special analysis and reports required for management, pathologists and/or outside agencies.
9. Maintains appropriate levels of supplies and initiates purchase requisitions.
10. Assists Director in schedule, payroll, monthly flex budget and budget related to FTE’s, supplies, and capital
11. Assess laboratory’s readiness for inspection by CAP, DNV, AABB, SC DHEC, COLA and any applicable regulatory
12. Communicates clearly with other medical center personnel to coordinate needs of employees assigned to section,
laboratory, the medical center, patients and all other customers.
13. Engages staff in sharing information through huddles, unit meetings to identify opportunities to achieve positive
outcomes within unit.
14. Analyze processes of highly complex testing to validate results and quality assurance.
15. Teaching as assigned:
Precept new employee or student
Presents in-service to staff, students
16. Troubleshoots instrumentation and procedures in an effort to maintain an efficient workflow.
17. Orients new employees when hired and will train all employees if new procedures, instruments, or methods are
· Four years of experience in clinical laboratory
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in medical laboratory science
· Certification as an MLS
Little River, SC, United States