Assistant Director of Nursing – Operating Room
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by:
- Promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking:
- Engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements;
- Promoting improvement.
- Assist with Recruits, interview, and selects staff for professional care area. Maintain direct lines of communication with recruiter. Participate in recruitment activities
- Conducts timely evaluations for staff members of the Operating Room (OR). Assist staff in setting and reviewing goals.
- Provides a climate for staff in which they can seek out and assist Director for feedback or to voice concerns or receive information.
- Counsels staff and take appropriate action.
- Keep administration informed of activities and problems.
- Assist with developing, implements, and reviews an ongoing education plan for staff but not limited to, the Operating Room.
- Acts as liaison with medical staff to coordinate patient care.
- Under the supervision of the Director, competently serves as a clinical recourse to staff, other hospital areas, students, and families. This will be demonstrated through, but not limited to the following (refer to McLeod Regional Medical Center Nursing Assistant Director New Hire Orientation Competency):
- Employee Engagement Expectations
- Independent Policy Review
- Personnel File Review
- Assigned McLeod University Classes
- Yearly Primary Tasks/Events by Calendar
- Access Control Applications for the Operating Room.
- Identifying and Accessing Resources for the Operating Room.
- Under supervision of the Director, supervises multi-position employees to contribute to the overall goals of McLeod. These employees are responsible for performing nursing care specific to the Operating Room, but not limited to (refer to McLeod Health Nursing, MST, and Secretary Competencies A. B. and C):
- Emergency Management
- Patient Safety Initiatives
- Patient Satisfaction Initiatives
- Patient Privacy
- Patient Education
- Handoff/Bedside Report
- Electronic Medical Record Documentation
- Carrying out Physician Orders
- Admission, Discharge, and Transfer of Patients
- Patients’ Full System Assessment(s) and Reassessment(s)
- Medication Administration
- Blood and Blood products
- Waive Testing
- Infection Control Precautions
- Prevention and care of Hospital Acquired Conditions.
- Caring for patients with, but not limited to, the following unit specific needs and/or conditions: Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data; Delegates, supervises, and evaluates the activities of other team members while simultaneously executing immediate directives and interventions in urgent or emergent situations; Completes verification of Safe Surgery checklist, Prepares Operating Room for patient and procedure; Positions and prepares the patient for the surgical procedure on the Operating Room table; Initiates and maintains the surgical count for the procedure; Serves as a communication liaison to family and members of the operating team; etc.
- Able to develop and operationalize their communicated direction and the objectives of the immediate supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as they relate to this position.
- At least 3 years of total related work experience
- Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS
- Must possess, or obtain within one year of hire, Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population.
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Florence, SC, United States