ATC/Program Coordinator (FT) – Orthopedics (Near Myrtle Beach)
Little River, SC
ATC Position located near Myrtle Beach!!
- Works as a liaison between the Sports Medicine Program at McLeod Orthopedics Seacoast and the community, to include but not limited to Horry County Schools, Horry County Recreational Sports Programs, Community Sporting Events, etc.
- Works diligently with both Practice Leadership and the Sports Medicine Physicians to grow the Sports Medicine Program
- Performs appropriate initial athletic training assessments and re-assessments and designs a plan of care
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of diagnosis / conditions seen in the profession of athletic training
- Selects, performs and interprets the results of ATC examinations of neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and pulmonary systems
- Implements and manages a specific and comprehensive treatment plan for patients
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of various athletic training techniques, flexibility and creativity in the implementation of these athletic training techniques
- Interacts regularly with others involved in the athlete’s care to incorporate an interdisciplinary treatment approach for coordinated quality care
- Demonstrates awareness and use of proper safety measures regarding the athletes, others in the athletic training room and himself/herself
- Teaches, counsels and communicates with athletes, their families, coaches and others to achieve the desired outcomes
- Interacts with athletes, coaches, families and colleagues to enlist their informed cooperation in establishing programs to insure the safe return to play of that athlete
- Participates in follow-up care once the athlete is ready to return to plan
- Volunteer for community events as identified by McLeod Health Community Relations/Marketing and Coordinator of Sports Medicine/Athletic Training Services.
- Presenter at local / state / regional level on Athletic Training Topics. Coordinates a local / state / regional program on Athletic Training Topics
- Hospital, Department and Team Responsibilities
- Works with community relations and Marketing Department of McLeod Health
- Attends staff meetings and mandatory meetings as scheduled
- Completes mandatory computer based training annually and in a timely manner
- Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, safety standards, environmental and infection control standards
- Works in a coordinated fashion with the clinic team physician to implement all protocols.
-Knowledge of patient equipment such as vitals, suction, and defibrillators
-Knowledge of basic SM equipment
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology, Athletic Training or Physical Education w/ Athletic Training emphasis
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience – No previous experience required
Little River, SC, United States