Athletic Trainer Certified (FT) – Loris High School
Little River, SC
- Position located at Loris High School in Loris, SC.
- Maintains a professional image and provides excellent service to athletes, parents, coaches, school personnel, patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Core Values and Service Excellence Standards.
- Communicates effectively with patients, parents, coaches, and school personnel regarding but not limited to: injuries, physician appointments, and progress.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families, visitors and employees by projecting an attitude of flexibility and positivity to benefit the team and patient.
- Utilizes Service Excellence Standards throughout the hospital and outreach facilities by taking ownership of customer needs and handling customer complaints promptly and effectively using the service recovery approach.
- Implements injury-preventing components for patients. Components may include but are not limited to: Functional Movement Screening, ImPact testing, Sports metrics, and weight training.
- Provides evaluation and treatment for a wide variety of physical and/or functional limitations related to, but not limited to: musculoskeletal, neurological, cardiovascular, and developmental impairments.
- Independently maintains patient/athlete records according to NATA best standards of practice for athletic trainers.
- Maintains and manages documentation pertinent to patient care. Documentation may include but is not limited to: pre-participation physicals, progress notes from medical personnel, and school notes.
- Insures patient confidentiality through the proper maintenance of Protected Health Information.
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through professional development strategies, including, but not limited to: competency training, community CPR training, in-service coordination, community outreach events, and other events based on assignment.
- Creates an environment that is conducive to patient treatment including but not limited to training room cleanliness, managing school budgets, training and teaching student athletic training aides or shadow students.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in education offerings, independently achieve and maintain CEUs for SC certification and BOC certification.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect patient, self, and staff
- Conducts job responsibilities in a productive and efficient manner while acting with integrity.
- Zero to one year of related work experience
- Active BOC certification and SC DHEC certification
- BLS certification
Little River, SC, United States