AVP of Heart & Vascular Services
Little River, SC
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by
- promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking;
- engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system
- promoting improvement;
- standardization of Heart and Vascular Policies across the system.
- Develop and implement strategic plans that achieve service line growth in services and revenues. Monitors the operational and capital budgets of the service line in the market. Takes timely and effective measures to adjust spending to manage financial goals and expectations, such as:
- Participates in the HVI VAT
- responsibility for capital and construction projects as needed;
- operational oversight for all assigned departments.
- Achieve and maintain quality indicators at better than average in: Health Grades, CMS, Pay for Performance, and other service line specific measures to include NCDR and ACC registries, GWTG best practices and Leapfrog measures. Embraces the organizational improvement methods employed by the organization to improve clinical processes, including:
- Representative of HVI MLSH in quality meetings and subcommittee work;
- Partners with STEMI/CP coordinator for improvement work at MLSH
- Responsible for ensuring Quality oversight in all Nurse Sensitive Indicators, such as: Falls, CAUTI, CLABSI, and HAPU and other quality initiatives such as hand hygiene, mortality, sepsis, etc. outcomes where applicable in departments with oversight.
- Develop and implement cost effective strategies, engaging in physician collaboration and cooperation to reduce and stabilize the cost of care delivery, such as:
- serving as the Value Analysis lead for Heart and Vascular for the coast;
- collaborating with other system HVI leaders for standardization and procurement contracting.
- Provide administrative direction to directors, managers, employed physicians and staff for the assigned services. Responsible for planning, leading, and directing operations of the cardiology and vascular clinics to include:
- Participating as member of the MPA Operations team
- Ensuring practices meet KPIs in scheduling, production, FTE utilization, up front collections, and patient communication
- Ensure throughput and efficient utilization of cardiac cath labs, EP labs, and HVI imaging modalities.
- Responsible for meeting quality, operational and financial goals and expectations set forth by the HVI Service line. Implements processes to assure on going stability of these expectations and regular reporting out on business units.
- Works collaboratively across MPA, MLSH, and other McLeod Health entities to keep the patient in the center of the HVI operations and processes.
- Participates in community activities related to the delivery of health care. Provides substance to programs that promote the medical center. Participates in professional activities that relate to the state and regional operation interests of home health care and hospice care.
- Works effectively with medical staff members to ensure effective delivery of care. Regularly seeks physician input regarding service needs, innovations and problem solving. Collaborates with key medical staff members on any changes impacting patients. Manages medical director activities effectively and compliantly. Manages On-Call coverage programs and payments.
Master’s Degree in Health Science Field
Little River, SC, United States