BED MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR (LPN) – MCLEOD SEACOAST
Little River, SC
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Serves as the primary representative for MLSH. Serves as a communication link between McLeod Health Medical Staff, Referring Physicians, Administration, and Nursing Units to assure appropriate patient placement.
- Coordinates a smooth transition for patients needing admission to MLSH by a referring hospital, clinic, or physician.
- Coordinates transportation arrangements as appropriate.
- Communicates pertinent clinical information to all affected departments and referring facilities to expedite the admission process.
- Performs all computer functions as required in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities and assigned project work as needed. Actively participates in all cost containment measures at the unit level. Promotes an aesthetic and safe work environment.
- Problem solves, prioritizes, and multitasks on a consistent basis in order to meet patient needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides physicians, patients and families with patient placement services provided by MLSC. Patient Placement Services consist of initial bed requests, transfer bed requests, assurance of timely bed assignments, communication with EVS to assure beds availability, and assistance with coordination of patient flow activities.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in hospital setting
- Advanced knowledge of Windows based computer systems
- Written and verbal communication skills with persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of EMTALA and other compliance regulations
- Must possess a valid SC license- LPN
Little River, SC, United States