Behavioral Health Care Coordinator, Hospital Based Specialist-Psych Department
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Collaborates with inpatient and outpatient providers, and the Telemedicine providers in assessing the needs of patients based on data collected including patient history, observation, physical exam where appropriate & analysis of diagnostic data. This includes interviewing patients & family members as needed.
- Facilitates patient engagement and follow-up care.
- Tracks patient and process outcome measures.
- Utilizes telemedicine technology and processes to communicate patient history, consult needs, patient evaluation and assessment, recommendations for treatment and documentation in the EHR.
- Supports inpatient staff, outpatient staff and case management in the coordination or care for the behavioral health patient throughout the hospital.
- Participates in regularly scheduled caseload and workflow discussions with telemedicine, quality, and the internal providers.
- Documents consult and treatment recommendations in EHR and other required systems so as to be shared with medical providers and other treating providers.
- Facilitate treatment plan changes for patients who are not improving as expected in consultation with the medical provider and the psychiatric consultant and who may need more intensive or more specialized mental health care.
- Provides education, training, and in-service to teams throughout McLeod Regional Medical Center.
- Creates and develops relationships with community providers to promote availability of affordable behavioral health resources.
- Abides by corporate compliance program, HIPAA regulations and other agency policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Registered Nurse or Case Manager with 1- 3 years related experience or specific duty-related training, computer literacy, excellent communication and writing skills
- 1-3 years’ experience in a hospital setting
- CPI within 6 months of hire
Florence, SC, United States