Billing Account Manager MPA/RCM
Myrtle Beach, SC
- Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Lead the revenue cycle team and collection of patient encounters from claim submission through to collections and manage accounts receivable to maximize revenue collected.
- Direct staff to ensure that accurate submission of all claims and timely collections occur in accordance with all third-party contract terms including, Medicaid, Medicare, managed care, commercial insurance, and direct patient pay.
- Ensure that unprocessed claims and denials are reviewed, reworked, and resubmitted to ensure revenue maximization.
- Assure maximization of cash collections through diligent and timely monitoring of all open accounts receivable balances.
- Maintains knowledge of billing procedures by actively working accounts in order to provide training as well as
assist during times of work backlogs or absenteeism of direct reports.
- Train new employees and provide continuing education to Patient Account Representatives so that employee performance and customer service is maximized.
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, counsel and provide disciplinary actions to assigned personnel, and works to facilitate individual and team development that drives positive results.
- Prepare detailed analyses and reports of billing and accounts receivable activity and results, including performance matrices and AR days outstanding.
- Prepares benchmarking data for productivity reporting and quality assurance measurements.
- Conduct Quarterly AR meetings for assigned practices to review the overall financials.
- Works closely with Practice Personnel and the Management Staff to monitor ongoing compliance of policies and procedures relating to the Revenue Cycle.
- Responsible for daily review and timely completion of MPA assigned personnel attendance and payroll process.
- Demonstration of Leadership, Teamwork and participation in learning the skills for enhancing these functions.
- Completes special assignments as requested by department Director and/or AVP.
3-5 years of healthcare billing and accounts receivable management experience required. Related experience with a healthcare practice management software system needed. Strong computer background in Microsoft Excel/Office and possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong analytical skills.
High School Diploma/GED
Myrtle Beach, SC, United States