Cash Posting Associate I
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Keep the Service Excellence statement as first item.
- Posts cash payments received in the mail to patients’ accounts in a timely and accurate manner using departmental policy and procedure.
- Balances posting batches back to deposit.
- Verifies that all patients are posting correctly to appropriate accounts, claims, facilities and at CPT level .
- Review accounts that have a balance in which the patient is responsible in order to determine collection status.
- Receives incoming phone calls for credit card payments and processes them, applying them to appropriate accounts.
- Provides assistance to patients, managers/patient account representatives and other staff members with account questions or problems related to patient or third party payments, rejections, adjustments, collections, financial status, etc.
- Assures that any payments, adjustments and write-offs to accounts are done according to office policy and procedure.
- Work closely with MPA physician offices to correct errors or gather additional data for processing claim or obtaining patient payment and assist with account questions demonstrating caring and compassion through verbal and written communications.
- Reviews electronic postings errors and uses pertinent information to make the required corrections.
- Tracks and posts refund checks to the appropriate accounts and mails out in a timely manner to the recipients.
- All other duties assigned.
At least 3 years’ experience in a computerized physician office or hospital setting in the area of payment posting, insurance, billing and reimbursement. Thorough knowledge of regulations relating to Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance and the ability to read and understand explanation of benefits/remittance advices. Must have demonstrated skills in use of Microsoft Office Excel.
High School diploma equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
Physical Requirements: Physical requirements include the ability to use a computer, speak clearly and write legibly. Requires long hours of sitting using PC equipment.
Florence, SC, United States