Conduct assessments of existing products/services.
Analyze the market to assess the potential for new products and services.
Negotiate with suppliers to ensure maximum profitability.
Research supply options, market trends, and competitors.
Subject matter expert for sourcing knowledge, who stays abreast of the changing supply base & new technologies and is able to effectively interface with supplier & customer.
Oversee service line to ensure that there are no gaps.
Develop and execute category plans to meet cost savings goals.
Assist in preparing capital budget plans and expense management plans.
Respond to queries about new products.
Utilize both internal and external data effectively to make smart and educated decisions to drive cost savings.
Act as main point of contact for supplier partners and new business prospects.
Act as a point of authority internally within the product spectrum and business of responsibility.
Leads category RFP process and performance evaluations with both internal and external stakeholders, and drives supplier improvement projects to enhance innovation and quality, reduce cost, and improve supply chain service / efficiency.
Identifies and elevates areas of highest risk in the assigned category and sites, and leads multi-functional teams to develop actionable risk mitigation strategies, cost savings projects to ensure we meet our organizational savings commitments
Work Schedule: 80 hours bi-weekly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Finance or related, Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering a plus.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in product or category management.
- Experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma manufacturing concepts a plus
- Minimum of four years of experience in procurement in progressively responsible positions in a highly regulated/analytical environment a plus
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Certification as a Certified Materials & Resource Professional (CMRP), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP), or ISM Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) is preferred
Florence, SC, United States