Central Sterile Technician (FT) – Loris
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Demonstrates ability to work as a team member and to communicate directly and professionally. Must be reliable, flexible, productive, self-motivated and patient oriented. Portrays the center and peers in a positive manner to others. Avoid being involved in gossip spreading conversation that promote discord of staff members. Must maintain professional conduct and appearance.
4. Responsible for following (IFU) instructions for cleaning, sterilization and storage of surgical instruments, including all vendor trays and McLeod medical offices and internal departs that preforms minor procedures using reusable surgical instruments. Re- stocking sterile instruments in sterile core. Operating a variety of sterilization equipment. Monitors biologicals, washer test, and ultrasonic test, for quality Assurance.
5. Cleans and maintains department work areas. Dons appropriate PPE before entering the decontamination room or handling contaminated equipment.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
7. Demonstrates the ability to differentiate between a sterile and non- sterile items, must understand principles of sterilization and aseptic technique.
8. Is familiar with steam, plasma, and autoclave’s and its different cycles, pretest and appropriate biological monitoring per standards and policies.
9. Must have interpersonal skills: must be able to work under stressful situations
Must have 6 months to 1 year of experience working in a healthcare setting. Computer skills
High school diploma or GED required. Will obtain a certification from the International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc. (CBSPD) within a two year period.
Loris, SC, United States