Certified Medical Assistant (Full Time) – McLeod Cardiology Associates – Seacoast
McLeod Cardiology Associates Seacoast
Certified Medical Assistant
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Pre-Op Visit/Established follow up/Hospital follow up/New Patient appointments– Assembles and assists in the preparation of clinical documentation in advance. Obtain all records related to this follow up i.e. hospital records, prior specialist records and testing, etc.
- Administration – supports team members in handling key administrative duties
- Triaging: Entering/updating all medications; take vitals: BP/HR/Height/Weight; Clean/disinfect exam room(s) after each patient, keep rooms fully stocked; prep patient for proper exam;
- Support nursing staff in handling key clinical duties
- Quality Improvement – Actively participates in the care team and cross functional team quality improvement process
- Incoming/Outgoing referrals – Assist in getting patients scheduled appropriately and timely
- Dispose of biohazard/needle boxes in dedicated area in the office
- Back-up to scheduling surgeries and obtain prior authorizations
- Schedule testing at the hospital and obtain prior authorizations
- BLS Certification is required
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant
Work Schedule: 80 Hours Biweekly. Full Time
Qualifications /Training: Not Applicable
Licenses/Certifications/Registrations/Education: High School Diploma. Medical Assistant – Must have valid certification from accredited Medical Assistant Program.
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 25 pounds occasionally. Will involve some stooping, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, with frequent standing and walking.
Loris, SC, United States