Certified Medical Assistant, Full-time, McLeod Orthopedics Cheraw
- Assists the physician with giving medical care to patients; taking vital signs, history, documents chief complaint and all relevant information in the patients chart.
- Schedules testing and referral appointments for patients per physicians instruction.
- Telephones pharmacies with prescriptions requested by the physician.
- Maintains medical supply inventory, orders medical supplies
- Provides support to front office personnel.
- Greets patients and visitors and handles incoming calls in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Prep charts for upcoming appointments.
- Pull information from hospital patients and enter it into the EMR prior to the patients visit.
- Obtain prior authorizations for any procedures scheduled.
- Responds to telephone calls and patient messages in a timely manner.
- Schedule patients for surgery.
- CMA / RMA Certification from accredited Medical Assistant Program
- BLS Certification
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited school
- Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly
Cheraw, SC, United States