Certified Medical Assistant, full-time, McLeod Primary Care Turbeville
- Performs direct patient care, i.e., triage, assessment, procedures, treatments, patient education, discharge and follow-up instructions. Prepares patient to be seen by provider.
- Collects and documents pertinent information through communication with patient and family to include vital signs, history, and chief complaint.
- Performs chart prep and scans necessary documents in patient’s medical record as appropriate.
- Performs specialized tests such as electrocardiography, pulmonary function test, sleep studies, Holter monitors, and selected laboratory procedures as needed in the practice.
- Prepares and administers medications as ordered by the physician.
- Assists provider with treatments and procedures as needed.
- Schedules testing and referral appointments for patients per provider instructions.
- Consults with patient on telephone calls whether addressing the problem or referring the call to the physician.
- Performs follow-up calls to patients as necessary.
- Cleans and straightens examination rooms between patients according to OSHA standards.
- Keeps all necessary instruments clean and in examination rooms.
- Sets up and maintains equipment and immediately notifies office management of any malfunction.
- Maintains medical supply inventory, checks expiration dates on medications and vaccines and disposes of outdated medications.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of all equipment needed to perform duties.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments as necessary.
- One year experience in a physician’s office or other clinical setting preferred; will train a highly-motivated new graduate.
- Strong computer skills with experience with electronic health records; eClinicalWorks preferred.
- Certified Medical Assistant Certification required
- Basic Life Support CPR certification required
- Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly
Manning, SC, United States