Certified Medical Technologist, Laboratory
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Organize and perform analysis of specimens to include quality control.
- Evaluate validity of results obtained. Record and report results.
- Perform routine and pre-routine maintenance.
- Train and document proficiency of assigned employees/students as directed by supervisor. Present formal lectures to Medical Technology students or formal in-service to employee/student or guests.
- Develop personal knowledge of trends, developments, and techniques through journals and trade publications, in-service programs, and continuing education.
- Collect, prepare, store and/or transport specimens using correct techniques, anticoagulants, and protocol.
- Assist in maintaining supplies.
- Review worksheet status, technical inquiry, uncollected tests and printed worksheets for technical and clerical accuracy and assure necessary corrections to appropriate records are made.
- When assigned coordinates and supervises daily technical activities.
- Analyze processes of highly complex testing to validate results and quality assurance.
- Teaching as assigned:
Precept new employee or student
Present in-service to staff, students, or guests
Present formal lecture to Medical Technology students
- Not applicable
- Certification by recognized national certifying agency.
- Minimum of a Baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology or in appropriate biological, chemical, or physical science from an accredited school
- Minimum of twelve months training in accredited school of medical technology or equivalent work experience. Must obtain certification within 6 months of hire
Florence, SC, United States