Certified Pharmacy Technician/Med History (1:30pm – Midnight) – McLeod Pharmacy Department
The Certified Pharmacy Technician will work to obtain patient home medication lists from relevant sources; including but not limited to, patient or family interview, discharge medication lists, prescription bottles, and phone calls to retail pharmacies, physician offices, and nursing homes. They will also document in the electronic medical record and clarify allergy information as well as home pharmacy. The Certified Pharmacy Technician will be responsible for communication of relevant medication and allergy information to a pharmacist. They will help promote the safe and effective use of hospital and pharmacy technology throughout the McLeod Health System. The Technician will be responsible for working with all other departments throughout McLeod to ensure accurate and timely medication history collection.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Obtains patient home medication lists from relevant sources, including but not limited to patient or family interview, discharge medication lists, prescription bottles, and phone calls to retail pharmacies, physician offices, and nursing / group homes.
- Obtain and/or clarify patient allergies.
- Obtains patient home pharmacy.
- Understands the components of the patient medication profile.
- Documents patient home medication lists, allergy information, and preferred pharmacy in the electronic medical record
- Able to maintain and troubleshoot pharmacy printers, copiers and fax machines (change paper and ink/ribbon/toner, reset printers, etc.
- Communicates relevant medication and allergy information to a pharmacist and/or other members of the healthcare team.
- Facilitates or directs medication-related questions to a pharmacist.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and huddles.
- Assists the Pharmacist in the Operation of the Inpatient Drug Distribution System
Job Status and schedule Full time 72 hours biweekly; shift coverage 1:30pm to midnight / 7 days on and 7 off; or as otherwise determined by the department based on patient care needs.
Department Description Inpatient Pharmacy Division
Licenses/Certifications/Registrations/EducationMinimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited school. South Carolina Pharmacy Technician Registration; State of South Carolina Certification; and National Certification.
Experience Required Prior job related experience
Florence, SC, United States