Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
Just 25 miles from the beaches of North Myrtle Beach!!
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Must be flexible, punctual, and willing to learn in the surgical and anesthetic environment.
- Must be willing to participate in assigned call as scheduled.
- Maintains a professional work environment and willingly works with the medically directing anesthesiologist(s) or the medically supervising physician to facilitate the safe and effective conduct and administration of all anesthetic techniques or requirements, ensuring that the operating room environment and anesthetizing location is safe, that all equipment functions properly, and that the anesthetizing technique is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Administer proper levels of anesthesia for surgical and diagnostic procedures while maintaining a high level of quality patient care.
- Assess the needs of the patient for the anesthetic technique appropriate based on information collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Plans individualized anesthetic plan to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients and provides appropriate interventions consistent with the plan of care, standards of practice, organization policies, and incorporating the collaborative plan with the anesthesiologist and/or supervising physician.
- Ensures the availability and preparedness of anesthesia machine, supplies, equipment and medications needed to support and implement efficient care of the patient, along with a working knowledge of each device.
- Assists in lifting, turning, positioning and preparing patients for surgical procedures, utilizing proper body mechanics and in accordance with standards of practice and policies and procedures of the department and the hospital facility.
- Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment, utilizing appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Demonstrates to ability to serve as communication liaison between the patient, physician, family and hospital personnel.
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively in an urgent or emergent situation and in an atmosphere of stress and tension by delegating, supervising, and evaluating the activities of other team members while simultaneously executing immediate directives and interventions.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families, colleagues and visitors.
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through setting goals, cost effectiveness, precepting novice employees, and mentoring student nurse anesthetists.
- Contributes to the continued professional growth and success of the department through participation in performance improvement studies, participation in educational opportunities and attendance to required meetings and training.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
$10,000 Sign on Bonus and $15,000 Student Loan Repayment available!!
- Credentialing with the McLeod Health organization
- Zero to less than 1 year of related work experience
- Extensive knowledge concerning administration of general anesthesia and regional anesthesia techniques
- Extensive technical skills concerning administration and management of proper anesthetic techniques and equipment
- Must possess a valid SC license plus BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Active CRNA certification verified by the NBCRNA
Loris, SC, United States