Certified Surgical Tech, FULL TIME, Operating Room, Clarendon
- Must be flexible, punctual, and be willing to learn in the surgical environment
- Work under the supervision and delegator authority of a surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Ensures the availability and preparedness of OR rooms, supplies and equipment needed to support efficient and effective perioperative processes.
- Responsible for having sterile instruments, sutures and equipment necessary for the surgical procedure, along with a working knowledge of each device
- Assist with positioning and prepping according to the standards of practice and policies and procedures of the department and the hospital
- Performs initial instrument, sharps and sponge counts with the circulator and performs additional counts as necessary
- Assists with draping the patient and establishing the sterile field.
- Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure.
- Required to maintain the sterile field to ensure patient/employee safety by maintaining highest standard of sterile technique during the procedure
- Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate.
- Assist in lifting, turning, positioning and preparing patients for surgical procedures, using proper body mechanics
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
- Assists other members of the team with terminal cleaning of room
- Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment when working around or handling hazardous substances, including blood and body fluids.
- Graduate of a program that meets the educational requirements for Surgical Technician
- BLS certified and completes recertification every 2 years
- Full-time, 72 hours bi-weekly; Call required
Manning, SC, United States