Certified Surgical Technologist – Ambulatory Surgery
McLeod Health is the region’s destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina – serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 800 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based.
$7,500 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR 2 A YEAR AGREEMENT
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Ensures the availability and preparedness of OR rooms, supplies and equipment needed to support efficient and effective perioperative processes.
- Responsible for having sterile instruments, sutures and equipment necessary for the surgical procedure, along with a working knowledge of each device
- Assist with positioning and prepping according to the standards of practice and policies and procedures of the department and the hospital
- Performs initial instrument, sharps and sponge counts with the circulator and performs additional counts as necessary
- Assists with draping the patient and establishing the sterile field.
- Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure.
- Required to maintain the sterile field to ensure patient/employee safety by maintaining highest standard of sterile technique during the procedure
- Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate.
- Assist in lifting, turning, positioning and preparing patients for surgical procedures, using proper body mechanics
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
- Assists other members of the team with terminal cleaning of room
- Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment when working around or handling hazardous substances, including blood and body fluids.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following in the Operating Room (refer to McLeod Health CST Competency Checklist):
- Assigned Access Control Applications
- Emergency Management
- Infection Control/Precautions
- Operative Pre, Intra, and Post Procedural Patient Care
- Performs all duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology Program
- Certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Florence, SC, United States