Certified Surgical Technologist- Ambulatory
$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR 2 A YEAR AGREEMENT
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Ensures the availability and preparedness of OR rooms, supplies and equipment needed to support efficient and effective perioperative processes.
- Responsible for having sterile instruments, sutures and equipment necessary for the surgical procedure, along with a working knowledge of each device
- Assist with positioning and prepping according to the standards of practice and policies and procedures of the department and the hospital
- Performs initial instrument, sharps and sponge counts with the circulator and performs additional counts as necessary
- Assists with draping the patient and establishing the sterile field.
- Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure.
- Required to maintain the sterile field to ensure patient/employee safety by maintaining highest standard of sterile technique during the procedure
- Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate.
- Assist in lifting, turning, positioning and preparing patients for surgical procedures, using proper body mechanics
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
- Assists other members of the team with terminal cleaning of room
- Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment when working around or handling hazardous substances, including blood and body fluids.
- Demonstrates competency in, but not limited to, the following in the Operating Room (refer to McLeod Health CST Competency Checklist):
- Assigned Access Control Applications
- Emergency Management
- Infection Control/Precautions
- Operative Pre, Intra, and Post Procedural Patient Care
- Performs all duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology Program
- Certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
Florence, SC, United States