Certified Surgical Technologist, Central Processing, 2nd Shift
McLeod Health is the region’s destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina – serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow; we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 800 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based.
**$7,500 Sign-On Bonus
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Must be flexible, punctual, and be willing to learn in the surgical / procedural environment
- Work under the supervision and delegator authority of a physician to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the lab environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Ensures the availability and preparedness of Lab rooms, supplies and equipment needed to support efficient and effective perioperative processes.
- Responsible for having equipment necessary for the procedure, along with a working knowledge of each device
- Assist with positioning and prepping according to the standards of practice and policies and procedures of the department and the hospital.
- Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure.
- Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate.
- Assist in lifting, turning, positioning and preparing patients for procedures, using proper body mechanics
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization/ high level disinfection.
- Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment when working around or handling hazardous substances, including blood and body fluids.
- Does whatever necessary to help facilitate flow within the department, including, placing patients in admission/discharge rooms.
- Graduate of a program that meets the educational requirements for Surgical Technician
- Certified Surgical Technologist with the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA)
- BLS certified and completes recertification every 2 years
Florence, SC, United States