Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) – Labor & Delivery (nights)
Sign On Bonus available – $7,500 with 2 year commitment
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers
in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Surgical First Assistants must be able to work flexible schedules to meet the needs of the department and Surgeon call
4. Work under the supervision and delegator authority of a surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive
and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions
properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
5. Possess extensive knowledge of an assigned surgeon’s preferences and will serve as a resource person for other staff
6. Provides aid in exposure, hemostasis, and other technical functions that will help the surgeon carry out a safe operation
with optimal results for the patient
7. Ensures the availability and preparedness of OR rooms, supplies and equipment needed to support efficient and effective
8. Responsible for having sterile instruments, sutures and equipment necessary for the surgical procedure, along with a
working knowledge of each device
9. Assist with positioning and prepping according to the standards of practice and policies and procedures of the
department and the hospital
10. Performs initial instrument, sharps and sponge counts with the circulator and performs additional counts as necessary
11. Assists with draping the patient and establishing the sterile field.
12. Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure.
13. Required to maintain the sterile field to ensure patient/employee safety by maintaining highest standard of sterile
technique during the procedure
14. Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate.
15. Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
16. Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
17. Assists other members of the team with terminal cleaning of room
18. Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment when working around or handling hazardous
substances, including blood and body fluids.
19. Performs all duties as assigned.
· Five years of successful practice as a Certified Surgical Technologist.
· Endo-vein harvesting – Five years related experience; Proven proficiency with the endo-vein harvesting technique.
Ability to teach others the endo-vein harvesting procedure, preferred. (For CVOR staffing)
· Graduate of accredited Surgical Technology Program
· Certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or National
Surgical Assistant Association or qualified to become certified
· Completes 20 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) / year of advance training.
Florence, SC, United States