Certified Surgical Technologist, Labor & Delivery, night shift (Sign-On Bonus available)
Sign-On Bonus available = $7,500
The Certified Surgical Technologist utilizes knowledge of surgical instrumentation and equipment, procedures, sterile technique, and asepsis to maintain the operating room environment and assist the surgeon in meeting the needs of patients and their significant others during surgical procedures or deliveries performed at MRMC. At times the CST also works under the direct supervision of the staff nurse to assist the nurse in meeting the patients’ basic needs of comfort, hygiene, and nutrition through obtaining data for assessment, assisting in the provision of care, and supporting the smooth operation of the department by performing tasks associated with general unit organization and orderliness. The CST does not supervise other workers.
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers
in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
3. Ensures the availability and preparedness of OR rooms, supplies and equipment needed to support efficient and effective
4. Responsible for having sterile instruments, sutures and equipment necessary for the surgical procedure, along with a working knowledge of each device.
5. Assist with positioning and prepping according to the standards of practice and policies and procedures of the department and the hospital.
6. Performs initial instrument, sharps and sponge counts with the circulator and performs additional counts as necessary
7. Assists with draping the patient and establishing the sterile field.
8. Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure.
9. Required to maintain the sterile field to ensure patient/employee safety by maintaining highest standard of sterile technique during the procedure
10. Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate.
11. Assist in lifting, turning, positioning and preparing patients for surgical procedures, using proper body mechanics
12. Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
13. Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
14. Assists other members of the team with terminal cleaning of room
15. Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment when working around or handling hazardous substances, including blood and body fluids.
16. Functions in the MST role as needed to support women’s services.
17. Able to perform limited duties of the Unit secretary as needed.
18. Performs all duties as assigned.
Must be a graduate of an accredited program of Surgical Technology.
Must be seeking certification through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or meet the SC requirements to practice.
Work Schedule: Full time; 72 hours biweekly; as scheduled; as needed; primarily night shift with day relief; rotating weekends and holidays. Call required
Preferred Qualifications/Education: A minimum of 1 year experience in an O.R. preferred
Florence, SC, United States