Certified Surgical Technologist, part-time, Operating Room, Dillon
- Work under the supervision and delegator authority of a physician to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the lab environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Ensures the availability and preparedness of Lab rooms, supplies and equipment needed to support efficient and effective perioperative processes.
- Responsible for having equipment necessary for the procedure, along with a working knowledge of each device
- Assist with positioning and prepping according to the standards of practice and policies and procedures of the department and the hospital.
- Participates in the surgical site and patient verification during the time out procedure.
- Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate.
- Assist in lifting, turning, positioning and preparing patients for procedures, using proper body mechanics
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe environment.
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization/ high level disinfection.
- Uses standard precautions and appropriate personal protective equipment when working around or handling hazardous substances, including blood and body fluids.
- Does whatever necessary to help facilitate flow within the department, including, placing patients in admission/discharge rooms.
- Not applicable
- Graduate of a program that meets the educational requirements for Surgical Technician
- Certified Surgical Technologist with the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or completed within 6 months of hire (if maintaining certification)
- BLS certified and completes recertification every 2 years
- Part-time, 40 hours bi-weekly (Call required)
Dillon, SC, United States