Job Description: Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination andanalysis of diagnostic data. Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients. Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician's prescribed medical plans of care. Using service excellence standards, conducts Hourly Rounds. Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors.Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff. Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, Foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls. Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned (Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position). Contributes to the overall performance of the department through the precepting of novice employees. Contributes to the department grown and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices. Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of related work experience.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Must possess a valid SC license-RN, BLS.
- ACLS Certification within 3 months of hire date.
Weekend Only Work (WOW) Staffing Program
The Weekend Only Work Staffing Program (WOW) is designed to help meet the operating needs of approved Nursing Units. The WOW Program meets special staffing needs and permits employees to work 2 (every Saturday and Sunday)twelve-hour shifts on the weekend and receive special pay for their commitment.
Cheraw Emergency Department
Nurses must meet the following criteria:
- Licensed in the state of South Carolina as required.
- Minimum requirement of one-year full-time in a comparable acute care clinical setting.
- All WOW staff members are eligible for benefits at the same level and premium(s) as McLeod full-time employees. Please refer to the individual plan documents, certificates of insurance, summary of benefits and coverages, and/or summary plan descriptions for specific information.