Clerical Associate (as needed) – McLeod Neurology Seacoast
Little River, SC
McLEOD NEUROLOGY CAROLINA FOREST
Clerical Associate II
- Responsible for timely and accurate patient registration and check in.
- Directs patients to complete patient information forms and enters data in computer.
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, necessary information regarding filing insurances and assignments.
- Collect all copays and account balances.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments and indicates reason for visit.
- Works fax in box.
- Handles out going referrals and obtains authorizations from insurance companies for referrals to other specialties and radiology.
- Takes and delivers accurate messages to appropriate person as needed.
- Answers incoming telephone calls on the third ring and takes detailed messages for providers and staff as needed, updating demographic and insurances in each call.
- Balances all monies collected at the end of the day.
- Performs check out duties according to established guidelines.
- Sorts mail.
- Call to remind patients of next day appointments.
- Attends team meetings.
- Individual must be able to perform basic clerical functions and in addition, have the ability to comprehend medical terminology. Medical experience
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
- PRN (as needed)
Little River, SC, United States