Clerical Associate, As Needed, Palmetto Adult Medicine Sumter
- Greets visitors and patients by acknowledging arrival in a courteous manner.
- Answers incoming phone lines real-time within three (3) rings using excellent customer service skills to ascertain the nature of the call.
- Documents accurate telephone encounters and submits to appropriate staff team member.
- Makes calls on behalf of provider and clinical team.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and faxes to appropriate team member.
- Confirms all messages have been handled for the day.
- Provides phone coverage for team members as needed.
- Manages assigned provider(s) schedule.
- Schedules appointments based on office and/or provider protocols to include new patient, follow-up appointments, procedures, or same day appointments. Sets expectations with patient that anything outside of visit reason will need to be scheduled for another visit if being seen for acute, same day access appointment.
- Verifies patient demographics and insurance information at every visit.
- Schedules preventative or annual wellness exams at time of check out.
- Reschedules patients based on needs of patient and/or provider.
- Notifies management of scheduling issues as soon as possible.
- Identifies patients needing to update or complete new patient information forms and insurance information.
- Verifies insurance eligibility notating copay, co-insurance, or deductibles.
- Reviews patient encounter for outstanding payments and notates in appointment for collection.
- Mails new patient packets to new patients on the schedule greater than 7 days out.
- Directs identified patients to complete / update new patient information forms to include obtaining copies of insurance cards and photo identification card.
- Collects insurance copays, co-insurance, deductibles, and/or overdue balances and notates appropriately in appointment screen.
- Reviews and attaches appropriate documentation on referrals prior to submission.
- Obtains necessary prior authorizations before sending referrals to specialist office and/or other healthcare facility.
- Updates referrals with appointment date/time and ensures consult notes are received from specialty office.
- Complete and send medical records request to Data Solutions.
- Scans documents within patient’s chart in a timely manner to ensure up-to-date patient care.
- Ensures Fax Inbox is maintained daily while saving patient results in the chart.
- Minimum of two-year experience in health care required.
- HS diploma preferred/GED preferred from an accredited school
- PRN (coverage as needed)
Sumter, SC, United States