Clerical Associate, FT, McLeod Primary Sunset Beach, Sunset Beach, NC
Sunset Beach, NC
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families, visitors and co-workers.
- Demonstrates proficiency in office equipment and software programs used in practice, including EMR, multi-function printers, etc.
- Ensures smooth and efficient workflow of patients from the front office to sub-waiting areas.
- Performs check-in and payment processing duties accurately and in accordance with MPA and MPFM Guidelines.
- Serves as gatekeepers for the practice and directs visitors, vendors, patients in a helpful manner and in accordance with Compliance and HIPAA Privacy Practices.
- Performs referrals and related authorizations accurately and according to MPFM Guidelines.
- Processes medical records requests as necessary.
- Assists patients with account questions and other issues as needed.
- Participates proactively in problem solving and process improvement activities through collaboration with clinical teams using Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through goal-setting and participation in educational offerings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Individual must be able to perform basic clerical functions and in addition, the ability to comprehend medical terminology.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school.
Sunset Beach, NC, United States