Clerical Associate II, Cardiology Associates
1. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-
workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
2. COMMUNICATIONS HANDLING – Handles all incoming communications and insures reliable consistent coverage
3. APPOINTMENT SCHEDULING – Coordinates and schedules all appointments whether in the office, hospital
surgery center etc. Confirms and follows up on communication
4. QUICK CARE HANDLING – Coordinates and manages the expectations of all same day appointments
5. MESSAGE FOLLOW THROUGH – Addresses and or follows up on all messages, mail, faxes and incoming
6. PRE-VISIT PREPARATION – Prepares the day before completing all tasks that can be done before the patient
arrives including preregistration function
7. PATIENT REFERRAL COORDINATION – Coordinates straight forward referrals to other specialists if less than 5
minutes according to the established physician protocols
8. FILING AND SCANNING – Works to maintain a work environment that is paperless. Keeps precise chart counts
and regularly updates patient registries
9. TEAM ADMIN SUPPORT – Supports team members by handling key administrative duties
10. QUALITY IMPROVEMENT PROCESS – Actively participates in the care team and cross functional team quality
Individual must be able to perform basic clerical functions and in addition, the ability to comprehend medical terminology. Six months to
one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
HS diploma preferred/GED preferred from an accredited school.
Florence, SC, United States