Clerical Associate II, McLeod Digestive Health Center
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Keep the Service Excellence statement as first item.
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families, visitors and co-workers.
- Demonstrates proficiency in office equipment and software programs used in practice, including EMR, multi-function printers, etc.
- Ensures smooth and efficient workflow of information between office and all MRMC Departments
- Performs Prior Authorizations, assistance with patient billing questions, payment processing duties accurately and in accordance with MPA Guidelines as necessary.
- Serves as gatekeepers for the practice and directs visitors, vendors, patients in a helpful manner and in accordance with Compliance and HIPAA Privacy Practices.
- Makes appointments as necessary for patients
- Check in and Check out patients as necessary
- Maintains demographic and registration data in Hospital/Practice EMR systems
- Charge Entry in Practice EMR systems
- Performs referrals and related authorizations accurately and according Practice Guidelines.
- Facilitates medical records requests as necessary.
- Assists patients with account questions and other issues as needed.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through goal-setting and participation in educational offerings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Individual must be able to perform basic clerical functions and in addition, the ability to comprehend medical terminology. Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school.
Florence, SC, United States