Clerical Associate II – McLeod Women’s Care Clarendon
- Greets visitors and patients in a friendly and courteous manner always facing forward with attention on patients in waiting area.
- Directs patients to complete patient information forms and enters data into computer.
- Obtains assignment and authorization signatures, copies of insurance cards, and necessary claim forms as needed.
- Answers telephone within three rings using good customer service skills to ascertain the nature of the call as needed.
- Delivers accurate and legible messages to appropriate person within 15 minutes of the call as needed.
- Repeats key information when taking messages to ensure accuracy as needed.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette when receiving and transferring calls; speaks clearly and concisely and exercises tact and diplomacy.
- Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments.
- Collects amounts due from patients.
- Works fax in-box.
- Preps patient accounts daily as necessary.
- Organizes office supplies.
- Keeps work area neat, clear of clutter.
- Obtains authorizations, works disability forms.
- Obtains needed provider signatures on orders.
- Codes procedures and diagnosis as needed.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires.
- Basic knowledge of computer input.
- Must be able to perform basic clerical functions.
- Comprehend medical terminology.
- Good spelling and number skills.
- Clear, concise voice.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
- Full-time, 80 hours bi-weekly; Monday – Friday
Manning, SC, United States