Clerical Associate II-Neurological Associates
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Patient Registration/Check-In/Check-Out/Telephone Management/Medical Records/Authorizations/Forms
- Greets visitors and patients in a friendly and courteous manner always facing forward with attention on patients in waiting area.
- Directs patients to complete patient information forms and enters data into computer.
- Obtains assignment and authorization signatures, copies of insurance cards, and necessary claim forms as needed.
- Answers telephone within three rings using good customer service skills to ascertain the nature of the call as needed.
- Delivers accurate and legible messages to appropriate person within 15 minutes of the call as needed.
- Repeats key information when taking messages to ensure accuracy as needed.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette when receiving and transferring calls; speaks clearly and concisely and exercises tact and diplomacy.
- Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
- Schedules and reschedules appointments.
- Collects amounts due from patients.
- Pulls charts for Medical Record request as needed if hardcopy.
- Files charts as needed if hardcopy.
- Assign patient account numbers to medical records if hardcopy.
- Files information into charts if hardcopy.
- Works fax in-box.
- Preps patient accounts daily as necessary.
- Organizes office supplies.
- Purges files when necessary at recommendation of Practice Administrator.
- Keeps work area neat, clear of clutter.
- Obtains authorizations, works disability forms.
- Obtains needed provider signatures on orders.
- Codes procedures and diagnosis as needed.
- Enters surgical information in as needed.
- Demonstrates a willingness to perform the duties of other department personnel when workload requires
Basic knowledge of computer input.
Must be able to perform basic clerical functions.
Comprehend medical terminology.
Good spelling and number skills.
Clear, concise voice.
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited school
Florence, SC, United States