Clerical Associate II- PRN – Cardiothoracic Surgery
1. Job responsibilities include those listed in competencies document
2. Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-
workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Keep the Service Excellence statement
as first item.
3. Patient Registration/Check-In/Check-Out/Telephone Management/Medical Records/Authorizations/Forms
4. Greets visitors and patients in a friendly and courteous manner always facing forward with attention on
patients in waiting area.
5. Directs patients to complete patient information forms and enters data into computer.
6. Obtains assignment and authorization signatures, copies of insurance cards, and necessary claim forms as
7. Answers telephone within three rings using good customer service skills to ascertain the nature of the call as
8. Delivers accurate and legible messages to appropriate person within 15 minutes of the call as needed.
9. Repeats key information when taking messages to ensure accuracy as needed.
10. Uses service excellence telephone etiquette when receiving and transferring calls; speaks clearly and
concisely and exercises tact and diplomacy.
11. Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
12. Collects amounts due from patients.
13. Assign patient account numbers to medical records if hardcopy
14. Keeps work area neat, clear of clutter
· Basic knowledge of computer input.
· Must be able to perform basic clerical functions.
· Comprehend medical terminology.
· Good spelling and number skills.
· Prefer claims experience
HS diploma preferred /GED from an accredited school
Physical Requirements: Refer to Occupational Risk Assessment
Florence, SC, United States