Clerical Associate , McLeod Cardiology Sumter
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Handles all incoming communications and insures reliable, consistent coverage for phones. Proficient in signing patients up for MyChart and encouraging patients to use MyChart as main form of communication with McLeod Health if possible.
- Coordinates and schedules all appointments whether in the office or hospital surgery center if applicable. Coordinates and manages the expectations of all same day appointments. Confirms and follows up on all communication.
- Addresses and or follows up with all messages, mail, faxes, and incoming communications.
- Prepares for upcoming visits by completing all tasks that can be done before the patient arrives including pre-registration functions.
- Proficient in identifying copays and previous balances. Collects payments at time of services rendered. Acts as a liaison between the patient and SBO when patients have detailed questions about billing. Proficient in identifying patients on a payment plan, ability to refer to a financial counselor or MyChart for payment plan arrangements when needed.
- Works to maintain a work environment that is paperless, neat and clear of clutter. Regularly updates patient registries in EPIC
- Supports team members by handling key administrative duties.
- Actively participates in the care team and cross functional team quality improvement process.
- Maintains confidentiality in talking with patients, upholding policies and setting an example.
- Basic knowledge of computer input.
- Must be able to perform basic clerical functions.
- Comprehend medical terminology.
- Good spelling and number skills.
HS diploma preferred/GED preferred from an accredited school.
Sumter, SC, United States