Clerical Associate, PRN, McLeod Pediatrics Cheraw
- Handles daily responsibilities in a customer service fashion. This includes all telephone calls, patients, visitors, employees, and other communications.
- Responsible for timely and accurate patient registration and check-in.
- Performs check-out duties accurately and according to established office guidelines
- Answers telephone and routes calls to appropriate person.
- Assist patients with account questions.
- Verify patients insurance benefits prior to the visit.
- Schedule appointments, insure that all records are in the system for patients that have been referred to the practice and records are forwarded to any practice that we refer to.
- Performs a variety of clerical support functions.
- Responsible for processing all medical records request.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Pull the physicians schedule two days in advance to know which charts will need to be prepped.
- For a new patient that was seen in the hospital, print all visit information so the provider will have it at the time of the visit.
- For follow up patients make sure the records from the last visit are available and documentation for surgery etc. are scanned in the system at the time the patient is seen, this includes post-op patients, the op note, any pathology and discharge if available.
- Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED) from an accredited school required
- PRN (coverage as needed)
Cheraw, SC, United States