Clerical Associate, Southern Medical Associates, FT, Loris, SC
Essential Job Responsibilities/Expectations
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Keep the Service Excellence statement as first item.
- Responsible for timely and accurate patient registration and check in.
- Directs patients to complete patient information forms and enters data in computer.
- Obtains copies of insurance cards, necessary information regarding filing insurances and assignments
- Collect all copays and account balances
- Schedules and reschedules appointments and indicates reason for visit
- Works fax in box
- Handles out going referrals and obtains authorizations from insurance companies for referrals to other specialties and radiology.
- Takes and delivers accurate messages to appropriate person as needed.
- Answers incoming telephone calls on the third ring and takes detailed messages for providers and staff as needed, updating demographic and insurances in each call
- Balances all monies collected at the end of the day.
- Performs check out duties according to established guidelines.
- Sorts mail
- Call to remind patients of next day appointments
- Attends team meeting
- Individual must be able to perform basic clerical functions and in addition, have the ability to comprehend medical terminology. Medical experience
- HS diploma preferred/GED preferred from an accredited school
Loris, SC, United States