Clinical Nurse – Transfer Center
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Serves as the primary representative for the McLeod Transfer Center. Serves as a communication link between McLeod Health Medical Staff, Referring Physicians, Administration, and Nursing Units to assure appropriate access to resources and specialists. Expedites physician consultation.
- Coordinates a smooth transition for patients needing transfer to McLeod Regional Medical Center by a referring hospital, clinic, or physician. Facilitates access to care by utilizing excellent nursing judgment and skills, and arranges for the most appropriate bed based on medical needs and admission criteria.
- Prioritizes incoming calls according to unit availability and determines response mode as emergency or non-emergency. Appropriately confirms the level of care required and mode of transportation needed according to BLS and ALS protocols.
- Coordinates transportation arrangements as appropriate.
- Communicates pertinent clinical information to all affected departments and referring facilities to expedite the admission process.
- Coordinates back-transfers to referring facilities if necessary and appropriate.
- Operates specialized software and computer systems that includes but not limited to Bed Board/TeleTracking, Transfer Center, Soarian/Cerner, Microsoft Office 365, Vital Link, and I-3 Conference Call System. Performs all computer functions as required in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities and assigned project work as needed. Actively participates in all cost containment measures at the unit level. Promotes an aesthetic and safe work environment.
- Problem solves, prioritizes, and multitasks on a consistent basis in order to meet patient needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversees activities performed by Patient Placement Representatives and serves as a resource for precision patient placement.
- Minimum 3 years of acute care nursing
- Advanced knowledge of Windows based computer systems
- Written and verbal communication skills with persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of EMTALA and other compliance regulations
- Must possess a valid SC license- RN, BLS
- 72 hours biweekly; night shift
Florence, SC, United States