- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Keep the Service Excellence statement as first item.
- Responsible for accurately coding diagnosis and procedures from all Radiology Departments (including Interventional Radiology), Neurodiagnostic and Vascular Lab reports using the 3M encoder to assign ICD-10 and CPT-4 codes for billing and statistical purposes.
- Responsible for review, analysis and correction of coding inquiries using the NThrive system.
- Works closely with the Director of Radiology, Radiologist, Medical Staff, QA Coordinator, Medical Records, Business Services and the staff of the Department of Radiology to ensure the correctness of the Radiology Chargemaster and all Radiology documentation.
- Responsible for abstracting specific data from the records and analyzing the data for problem solving coding issues.
- Must obtain Certified Professional Coder credential with in six (6) months of employment
- Credentialed thru the Radiology Coding Certification Board (RCC) or American Academy of Professional Coders (CIRCC) preferred.
- Knowledge in Medical Terminology, Anatomy
Florence, SC, United States