Coding Specialist/Educator (Florence and Myrtle Beach)
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values
- This position will primarily serve the needs of practices and physicians within MPA Women’s and Children’s Service Line, in close collaboration with MPA Revenue Cycle Management. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of 1995/1997 AMA-CMS Evaluation and Management (E&M) and ICD-10 Coding guidelines. Responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintain current knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT classifications and coding of E&M, diagnoses, and office procedures.
- Continuously review provider’s medical record documentation against current E&M guidelines to determine appropriate E&M visit level CPT codes as well as ICD-10 codes.
- Provide continuous one-on-one assessments of E&M chart review with each provider, offering potential documentation improvement opportunities and issues for E&M, office procedures, and professional services performed at a hospital.
- Provide regular reports and updates to MPA Primary Care Services AVPs
- Assist new MPA providers on E&M coding and documentation guidelines.
- Provide on-going support and education of MPA providers regarding proper documentation of services performed.
- Research and keep updated on current coding information, passing along regular updates to practice Directors and Office Managers.
- Attend Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Coding Department meetings, as directed.
- As needed or requested, assist with development of RCM coding department policy and procedures and implementation of streamlined functions.
- Coordinate and maintain yearly RSV clinic
- A minimum of 2 years of physician E&M coding experience, along with knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience working in a physician practice
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited school
- Active CPC certification thru AAPC or other nationally recognized coding credentialing
Florence, SC, United States