Community Health Worker (FT) – Bennettsville
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Exhibits and conveys the message of the Service Excellence Standards, Value of Caring, Value of the Person, Value of Quality, and the Value of Integrity in every interaction.
- Supports the Northeastern Rural Health Network (NRHN) board and the Healthy People Healthy Carolinas (HPHC) Grant Coordinator per the duties assigned in this grant. This position requires the ability to plan, implement, and direct programming that meets the needs of the community. The position also requires the ability to effectively communicate and work with a variety of diverse individuals, groups, and organizations.
- Assists community members to receive needed services by navigating the service systems and connecting individuals to the right resource; collaborates with other community organizations and programs on behalf of individuals in need of services. To the extent possible, exhausts all available resources to achieve access to medical or other needed services for each individual helped.
- Performs lay health care education and one-on-one health coaching with individuals in community settings within the limits of his or her education and/or licensure. This includes techniques and tools that engage individuals in lifestyle change, self-management goals, etc.
- Documents and reports activities and deliverables so that they can be verified by the Board of Directors and the HPHC Grant Coordinator.
- Complies with policies and procedures of the employing organization and the Northeastern Rural Health Network.
- Willingly performs other duties as assigned.
Position main location is Bennettsville, SC.
- Ability to assess training needs and objectives
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- A valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work independently and handle problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience in a health field or related field
Florence, SC, United States