McLeod Health is the region’s destination for medical excellence. Our excellence extends from the Midlands to the Coast along the border of North and South Carolina – serving more than one million people. As medical needs grow – we grow, expand, and improve our facilities and services. The McLeod Health network is comprised of 7 hospitals with locations in Florence, Darlington, Dillon, Manning, Cheraw, Loris, and Little River. We have also expanded into the Carolina Forest area of Myrtle Beach for patients looking for primary care and family physicians.
Founded over a century ago, McLeod is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system which features the strength of more than 800 physicians and 2,000 registered nurses, and more than 8,500 employees. McLeod constantly seeks to improve patient care with efforts that are physician led, data-driven and evidence-based.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Responsibilities includes the day to day administration of corporate compensation programs, plans, policies and procedures. Knowledge of and ability to apply information from the marketplace, development and trends related to the HR Functions in various environments.
- Researches, analyzes, plans, recommends and implements compensation and/or benefit plans, policies and systems.
- Helps in determining most effective administrative procedures. Assures compliance with budgetary and statutory guidelines.
- Ensures timely processing of Compensation and/or benefit invoices, analyzing to determine accuracy. Follow-up with vendors, auditors and consultants for services. Recommend plan changes.
- Coordinates participation in all salary and/or benefit surveys. Analyze compensation and/or benefits data to make appropriate recommendations.
- Provides benchmark reporting related to compensation and/or benefit needs by responding to salary surveys, recommending changes based on analysis of surveys and related data. Maintains compensation software.
- Complete HR reports as requested and arm Leadership with reliable and consistent data (through reports) to aid in predicting the likelihood for success of future workforce members. Establish and track program metrics and return on investment.
- Identify and analyze issues related to recruiting new talent due to internal equity situations. Create spreadsheets summarizing these issues and present to management for review.
- Generates routine and special reports as well as auditing for accuracy and data integrity.
- Responsible for understanding the relationship between the HRIS and other systems so that appropriate integration is completed.
- Assists with communicating compensation and benefits programs.
- Supervises the daily activities of the appropriate HR Specialist(s) to ensure accurate interpretation of policies, legal compliance and administration of personnel data processing/procedures.
- Assist with developing and disseminating effective and clear communications regarding policies, programs and practices.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced office environment while being detail oriented. Exceptional customer service is a critical function of this position.
Maintains and develops skills and knowledge in the field of Compensation, Benefits, HRIS and Human Resources to help ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint), Crystal, Microsoft Add-ins and/or other HR related software
- At least 5 years of proven experience in field of Compensation and other areas of HR
- Knowledge of Federal and State Employment laws, regulations, and other rules relative to compensation, benefits, and other areas of HR.
- Must be able to use file systems and clearly communicate via telephone, in person, and through written and electronic media.
- Office experience in a fast-paced Corporate Human Resources Department.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources Management, Finance, or other related field from an accredited school.
*Will consider equivalent offsetting experience in lieu of degree.
Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential is a plus.
Florence, SC, United States