Compliance Auditor (CPC or CCS required)
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Supports corporation’s compliance and auditing efforts by collecting audit data, summarizing data, formulating reports and assisting in interpretation and analysis.
- Supports Corporate Compliance Manager in the area of performing Evaluation & Management (E/M) and/or procedural service audits for McLeod Physician Associates (MPA) physicians and Nonphysician practitioners (NPPs), as well as Hospital based physicians and/or NPP services as requested.
- Assists Corporate Compliance Manager in the education of McLeod Health physicians/NPPs in E/M documentation guidelines, coding, and audit reviews.
- Responsible for self-motivation and self-scheduling work flow.
- Attends/facilitates meetings as directed
- Requires proficiency in E/M coding and documentation requirements.
- Requires 3-5 years’ experience in coding for physicians’/NPPs’ professional services.
- Requires proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing ability.
- Requires proficiency in use of auditing software.
- Requires excellent communication (verbal and written), organizational and presentation skills
- Requires demonstrated professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively with people of variable cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Occasional driving will be required to McLeod Health campuses/MPA offices throughout the region to meet with physicians, NPPs, and/or staff when Teams meetings are not available.
- Requires ability to conduct meetings virtually through Teams.
- Provide additional support to Chief Compliance Officer and/or Compliance Manager as requested.
- Maintains all required Continuing Education Units for certification requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 coding
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/Equivalent from an accredited school
- National Certification from the American Academy of Professional Coders-Certified Professional Coder (CPC) OR American Health Information Management Association Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and/or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-based (CCS-P).
Florence, SC, United States