Corporate Compliance Manager (CCS, CPC or CCSP required)
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Manages the implementation of system-wide compliance program for McLeod Physician Associates (MPA). Participates on the Corporate Compliance Committee and participates in training sessions throughout the network.
- Manages E/M audits and education for MPA physicians and hospital based physicians.
- Conducts system-wide audits established to investigate and monitor compliance in accordance with the policies and procedures of the McLeod Health compliance program.
- Keeps abreast of current regulations and analyzes and distributes regulatory information from the various agencies and bodies.
- Advises in the development and execution of new policies and procedures or changes to existing policies and procedures to ensure compliance by giving specific guidance to management, medical staff, and individual practices.
- Serves as a direct line of communication between the Corporate Compliance Office and McLeod Physician Associates concerning all aspects of the compliance program on a daily basis.
- Sets the standard for excellence in integrity by leadership through example.
- Responsible for supervision and management of Compliance Auditor(s).
- Provides additional support to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Requires proficiency in E/M coding and documentation requirements.
- Requires 3 to 5 years’ experience in auditing and coding for physician services.
- Requires minimum 2 years’ experience in educating physicians in E/M coding guidelines.
- Requires proficiency in spreadsheet and word processing ability.
- Requires excellent communication (written and verbal), organizational and presentation skills.
- Requires demonstrated professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/Equivalent from an accredited school
- National Certification from the American Academy of Professional Coders-Certified Professional Coder (CPC) OR American Health Information Management Association Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), and/or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician-based (CCS-P).
Florence, SC, United States