Credit Balance Specialist
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Facilitates the resolution of insurance and patient credit balances to ensure patient satisfaction and compliance with corporate, federal and or state regulations.
- This role requires a strong attention to detail and accuracy partnered with strong problem solving skills and works directly with patients, insurance carriers and internal personnel.
- Must have the ability to review and analyze accounts and/or credit balance reports from insurance carriers and patients to include reviewing explanation of benefits, contacting insurance carriers for additional information, and communicating with insurance carriers to gather information.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment and be skilled in practice management billing systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to process refund requests, locate misapplied payments and make adjustments to reconcile accounts.
- Excellent position for a highly-detailed, quick learner who enjoys working in a fast paced working environment and enjoys partnering with others to provide outstanding customer/patient satisfaction and ensures work is completed timely and accurately.
- Candidate must have strong problem solving
- . skills and enjoys innovative approaches to continuously improve work processes.
- Performs and assists with all other department duties as needed
1-2 years’ experience with healthcare claims processing, billing, follow up, insurance and refunds. Demonstrates the ability to work independently and prioritize a heavy workload in a fast paced environment. Strong emotional maturity. Strong time management, organizational and written/verbal communication skills. Must have strong problem solving, attention to detail and accuracy skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Ability to maintain highly sensitive and confidential information.:
Proven Insurance Billing Specialist or Refund Specialist Skills. Strong knowledge of medical terminology. Knowledge of payer and coding billing requirements and guidelines, insurance websites, insurance paper and electronic remits.
Minimum of a High School diploma/equivalent from an accredited schoo
Florence, SC, United States