CRNA Supervisor/ Little River
Little River, SC
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday 6:30am-3:00pm
- Job responsibilities include those listed in the competency document.
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Assures compliance to standards of anesthesia practice.
- Distributes and interprets hospital and departmental policies, procedures, and directives to staff anesthetists.
- Evaluates staff performance and assists with clinical evaluations.
- Monitors staff compliance with established departmental standards, policies, and processes
- Provides clinical anesthesia according to departmental schedule and needs.
- Contributes to staff development through orientation of new staff, assigning preceptors, and evaluation of staff performance.
- Effectively assigns staffing appropriate to deliver efficient and effective patient care while adhering to standards.
- Ensures the availability and preparedness of anesthesia supplies and equipment needed to support and implement patient care.
- Demonstrates the ability to serve as a communication liaison between the staff, physicians, director, and VP/CNO
- Demonstrates the ability to function effectively in an urgent or emergent situation and in an atmosphere of stress and tension by delegating, supervising, and evaluating the activities of staff while simultaneously executing immediate directives and interventions.
- Contributes to the continued professional growth and success of the department through participation in performance improvement, educational opportunities, and attendance to required meetings.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Skills Required: Must be a graduate from an approved school of Nursing & hold a current SC license as a registered nurse; a graduate from an approved Nurse Anesthesia program accredited by the AANA Council on Accreditation; must have successfully completed the certification examination administered by the AANA Council on Certification; must comply with the criteria for biennial recertification as defined by the AANA Council of Recertification; hold current SC official recognition as a CRNA.
Experience Required: Candidates must have some previous leadership skills. Candidates must be able to perform all areas of anesthesia and be willing to work with anesthesiologists on a variety of cases.
Little River, SC, United States