CT Tech, PRN, Clarendon
- Verifies patient by identification band and verbal response comparing two identifiers with the requisition and chart.
- Ensures correct procedure is done by checking chart or prescription for correct exam order, calls for order clarification as needed and documents order clarification correctly.
- Greets and assists patient with appropriate attire for procedure, thoroughly explains procedure, length, and expectations along with desired results.
- Selects and utilizes appropriate protocol and or technical factors for procedure based on patient age, body habitus, pathology, and body part.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of imaging equipment and any other equipment needed to perform procedure appropriately, which will be listed on the CT skills check list.
- Maintains attentiveness to equipment and patient during procedure.
- Maintains acceptable completion time based on the complexity of the procedure and or condition of the patient thereby demonstrating good utilization of time through productivity.
- Completes documentation of in EMR for billing purposes and patient chart to include writing in the progress notes.
- Verifies that all images obtained have crossed over successfully into Pacs and are of high quality prior to forwarding to the Radiologist for interpretation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- IV Initiation Training
- Must be certified in x-ray or CT will be required to perform x-ray (fluoro, OR, DXA) and CT as needed. Will cross train qualified applicant in any area listed above if needed.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in a Radiology Technologist Program from an accredited school.
- Certification with South Carolina Radiation Quality Standards (SCRQSA) (Radiology Technologist and/or CT) (ARRT) American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.
- BLS certification.
Manning, SC, United States