Join Our Talent Community
Sign up and receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.
In the first year of employment, the McLeod nurse should become competent in the skills needed to meet patient care needs. Care to our patients must be competent, safe, individualized and holistic. The focus on quality of care and safety provided to patients, drives our nurses to engage in their commitment to the organization and to the profession. Nursing practice is built from the Mission, Vision and Values and strategic plan of McLeod Health. We are committed to serving as an institution that facilitates the continuing education of all nurses. We further believe qualified staff who are interested and have demonstrated positive results in improving outcomes, avoiding complications, showing expertise and demonstrating proficiency in use of state of the art technology should be considered for promotions within the organization.
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Level: Mid
- Travel: Minimal (if any)
What makes a successful Nurse at McLeod Health? Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix. Additional related traits listed below.
"Nursing at Mcleod is not a “job”. Nursing at Mcleod is an opportunity to be part of an awesome team that allows you to provide excellent care to patients and grow as a professional."
— Tammie, Assistant Director of Emergency Department at McLeod Health
McLeod Health can help you get off to an excellent start.
Patient Care Supervisor - Emergency Department
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking; engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements; promoting improvement.
- Assesses needs of patients as assigned based on data collected through history, observation, physical examination and analysis of diagnostic data.
- Plans individualized nursing care to meet the holistic age specific needs of patients.
- Provides appropriate nursing interventions, consistent with the Plan of Care and standards of practice, incorporating the Physician's prescribed medical plans of care.
- Using service excellence standards, conducts Hourly Rounds. Supports and validates hourly rounds.
- Promotes interdepartmental and collaborative relationships. Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families and visitors.
- Utilizes standard work in caring for central lines, foley catheters, pressure ulcers, ventilators (if applicable to unit), restraints and patients at risk for falls.
- Contributes to the daily efficient performance of the department, as charge nurse when assigned.
- Contributes to the department growth and performance through hospital-system initiatives cultivating nursing involved Evidence Based Practices.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in educational offerings.
- Competently manages employee related complaints, issues and concerns to optimize the work environment.
- Supervise, utilize, and ensure use of appropriate health and safety equipment to protect both patient and staff.
- Ensures compliance with established unit standards, policies, specific standards of care, and coordinating patient care activities for the assigned shift.
- Performs Patient Care Management duties in maintaining an organized workflow and open communication including: development and evaluation, Performance Improvement, staffing patterns during assigned shift.
- Participates in managing fiscal responsibility of the unit.
- An active Registered Nursing License verified by the LLR
- BLS (Required for ALL nurses), Advanced Resuscitative Certification appropriate to their patient population if serving in a Charge Nurse or PCS position CPI, ACLS and PALS within 6 months.
- 80 hours bi-weekly. days, 7am - 3:30pm
- Job Location
- Dillon, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type
Medical, Dental, Vision, Healthcare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, Health and Wellness Programs
Employer Matching, EDCP
Scholarship, Professional Development
Maternity & Paternity Leave
Adoption Cost Benefit
Financial assistance provided
Available based on workplace needs
Paid Time Off
Holidays, Sick Days
Life and Disability Insurance
Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Dependent Life Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Supplemental Group Term Life Insuranc, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Available for specified positions
Onsite Child Care, Onsite Gym/Fitness Center, Cafeteria, Spa/Nails, Facials, Massage, Company Store
Nursing Mother Rooms
Available for up to one year following the birth of a child
Close to shopping, Public transportation, Restaurants and entertainment
- Registered Nurse - PICU Florence, South Carolina
- Certified Surgical Technologist with Sign On Bonus!! (FT) - McLeod Seacoast Little River, South Carolina
- Certified Surgical Technologist - Operating Room - Cheraw (PRN - As Needed) Cheraw, South Carolina
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Match jobs to your LinkedIn profileStart Matching