Join Our Talent Community
Sign up and receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.
Speech Pathologist (PRN) - Speech DepartmentDillon, South Carolina
Speech Pathologist (PRN) - Speech Department
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Maintains a professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values.
- Utilizes Service Excellence Standards throughout the hospital and outlying programs by taking ownership of customer needs and handling customer complaints promptly and effectively using the service recovery approach
- Evaluates patients as assigned based on data compiled through history, observation, and analysis of diagnostic data
- Develops plan of care most appropriate to the patient’s learning style and therapeutic needs, communicating goals with the patient and/or family members, taking into account psycho-social, cultural and spiritual needs of patients and/or families
- Provides therapy for a wide variety of expressive and receptive language disorders, cognitive disorders, speech disorders, dysphagia, fluency, literacy, voice, social communication, documenting progress with measurable and functional goals
- Independently maintains patient records according to hospital policy, completing evaluations, re-evaluations, daily record keeping, charges, and discharge summaries within hospital timelines. Conducts job responsibilities in a productive and efficient manner
- Fosters an environment that demonstrates caring, compassion, and respect for all patients, families, visitors and employees by projecting an attitude of flexibility and positivity to benefit the team and patient
- Contributes to the overall performance of the department through professional development strategies, including, but not limited to: supervision of provisionally licensed clinicians, coordination of graduate students and student internships, competency training, in-service coordination, serving as a mentor in area of clinical expertise, program leader, based on assignment.
- Demonstrates continued professional growth through setting goals and participating in education offerings, independently achieve and maintain CEU’s for ASHA and SC LLR
- Communicates with physicians and other medical personnel regarding treatment provided, patient’s progress or complications, recommendations, and clarification of orders
- Adheres to the American Speech Language and Hearing Code of Ethics and Preferred Practice Patterns, SC State LLR guidelines, hospital/departmental Policies and Procedures
- Insures patient confidentiality through the proper maintenance of Protected Health Information.
- Utilizes appropriate health and safety equipment to protect patient, self, and staff
- Current ASHA certification/Active SC LLR
- Knowledge of all age groups, infant to geriatric, across the lifespan
- PRN (coverage as needed for weekdays and weekend hours)
- Job Location
- Dillon, South Carolina, United States
- Position Type
Position Type Details
McLeod Health Dillon Campus, 301 East Jackson Street
- Registered Nurse - PICU Florence, South Carolina
- Certified Surgical Technologist with Sign On Bonus!! (FT) - McLeod Seacoast Little River, South Carolina
- Certified Surgical Technologist - Operating Room - Cheraw (PRN - As Needed) Cheraw, South Carolina
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Match jobs to your LinkedIn profileStart Matching