Director of Nursing Outpatient Surgery/Recovery (Seacoast)
Little River, SC
- Maintains professional image/exhibits excellent customer relations.in accordance with our Service Excellence Standards and Core Values. Demonstrates workplace integrity and ethical behavior as outlined in the Code of Conduct.
- Shall demonstrate leadership and commitment with respect to the quality management system by:(a) engaging, directing and supporting persons to contribute to the effectiveness of the quality management system requirements; (b) promoting improvement; (c) promoting the use of the process approach and risk-based thinking
- Recruits/Interviews/Selects staff for area. Conducts timely evaluations. Ensures completion of mandatory requirements
- Facilitates decision making, conflict resolution on and among nursing units/other departments.
- Communicates activities, emergency situations, patient/ staff/physician needs of an unusual nature to the CNO
- Ensures privacy/confidentiality of patient, employee, and hospital information.
- Demonstrates appropriate handling and storage of medications. Investigates narcotic discrepancies.
- Participates in nursing/hospital committees as indicated/requested.
- Assures accurate, legible documentation that is dated and timed.
- Develops & Monitors annual budget to include Capital, workforce and operational needs. Continuously seeks cost-effective methods to reduce expenditures without disrupting departmental operations or compromising care.
- Promptly places work order(s) for environmental/equipment repair or maintenance needs.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful conditions.
- Complies with, enforces policies/procedures. Initiates Performance Expectation Process as indicated.
- Handles outside communications with patient’s families, vendor services and others as hospital’s representative.
- Establishes relationships with primary admitting medical staff to optimize patient care and staff relationships.
- Responds to incidences of inappropriate staff/physician behavior by investigating & reporting through COC
- Provides a healthy work environment in which staff can seek Director for Feedback and/or to voice concerns. Conducts Huddle/staff meeting at least once per month, Rounds on each employee at least once per quarter.
- Takes ownership of customer needs. Utilizes GET-IT (Greet, Explain, Task, Instruct, Thank) when communicating with patients, physicians and staff. Utilizes the GIFT (Give sincere apology, Identify with complaint, Fix and follow-up, Thank them for bringing to our attention) method when responding to customer concerns.
Minimum five years clinical practice in an acute care facility with at least one year in a charge nurse or preceptor role.
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Must possess a valid SC RN license
Little River, SC, United States